A Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck can be a very effective procedure for individuals who are looking to shed a few pounds and tone problem areas of the body. Abdominoplasty allows for a complete reinvention of the stomach area as the abdominal muscles are tightened, excess skin is removed, and liposuction is used to eradicate fat deposits.
Dr. Tzvi Small has helped countless individuals (both men and women) achieve the stomach results that they have always wanted. However, there are steps that are required for the beautiful results to be maintained. Through this blog, Dr. Small will discuss some of the ways that a tummy tuck can be maintained, so that a patient can keep the abdominal area and body looking amazing.
Maintaining the Results of an Abdominoplasty
While a tummy tuck can help you to achieve the body features and toning that you have desired, there are necessary steps that you need to take to ensure that this figure is maintained. A tummy tuck does not result in a free-pass to weight gain, so it is important to follow key instructions from Dr. Small to keep your new figure at its best. Some ways to maintain the results of your tummy tuck include:
- When Dr. Tzvi Small indicates that it is safe post-abdominoplasty to exercise, take this recommendation seriously. Exercise not only is essential to maintaining your tummy tuck shape, but it is healthy for your heart, lungs, and body. Cardio exercises (running, swimming, kick boxing, etc.) can be great ways to get your heart rate up and keep weight off. Exercise can also help you to heal more quickly and tone the surrounding muscles of your abdominals.
- A healthy diet can make a tremendous difference in maintaining tummy tuck results. Look for foods that are jam packed with fruits and vegetables, and avoid others that full of preservatives. Portion control is also important to limit weight gain and to monitor how much you are eating on a regular basis.
- Talk with Dr. Small about your goals. Dr. Small can offer a wide variety of advice and tips to help you maintain your best results. Diet, exercise regimes, and more can all be discussed and tailored for you.
Dr. Small is available to help you during all phases of the abdominoplasty process. Learn more about what your Bergen County plastic surgeon can do for you.
Learn More about Tummy Tucks
If you are interested in learning more information about tummy tucks, then do not hesitate to contact Dr. Tzvi Small. Dr. Small will answer all of your questions about abdominoplasty and meet with you during a consultation to find out if the procedure could benefit your specific needs.
You deserve to have the body contours that you have always wanted. To find out more about abdominoplasty and ways to maintain a tummy tuck, contact Dr. Tzvi Small at Bergen Plastic Surgery today.
- DocShop. Maintenance after Tummy Tuck. http://www.docshop.com/education/cosmetic/body/tummy-tuck/maintain
- Dr. Tzvi Small. Tummy Tuck Bergen County. https://bergenplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck